Many Kindle users want to know the process of opening Mobi files on Kindle devices. The files can be opened once they are transferred to the device. Mobi files can be easily transferred to a Kindle device, but the same can’t be said for ePUB files.
There are a couple of ways by which a Mobi file can be transferred to a Kindle device. We are going to discuss the entire process in this blog post, and if you come across any issue, then you can take Kindle Help from experts.
Transferring Mobi files on Kindle using email
- The first step is to download Mobi files to your PC. You will see .mobi extension, which would be suffixed by the file name. This will be given to you as an attachment. You can send the files to Dropbox if the size of the file is too large. You can download the file to your PC using the downloading link.
- Go to Amazon’s site and sign into your file.
- You have to click on your Kindle Account and go to the Digital Content area. You need to select manage your content and devices option or manage your Kindle depending on what you see.
- Select Personal File Settings. You ought to see a going to email settings of Kindle. You will see a Kindle email address there. If you don’t find any email address, then consult Kindle support for rectification of the issue.
- Once you go down the Manage your content and devices page, you have to select approved personal file email list section. Your Kindle will accept the file only after you add your email address.
- You need to add an email to @kindle.com that you have found in the new email program.
- In your mail program, begin another email to the @Kindle.com email address you simply found.
- Send the mail after attaching the Mobi file.
- Wait for a few minutes before you could open your device and sync. You will find your book in the documents or books section. You can take the help of Amazon Kindle support if there is any problem.
Transferring Mobi files on Kindle using a USB cable
- The first step is to download Mobi files to your PC. You will see .mobi extension, which would be suffixed by the file name. This will be given to you as an attachment. You can send the files to Dropbox if the size of the file is too large. You can download the file to your PC using the downloading link. For more information, kindly log onto www Kindle com support.
- Connect your Kindle to PC using a USB cable. The Kindle ought to show up in “PC” or “desktop” for Mac users and “My Computer” for Windows users.
- You need to open your Kindle drive in order to see the folders. You have to open the folder named as ‘Documents’.
- The downloaded Mobi file is to be found now. Once you find it out, then copy it to the documents folder of your PC. Just drag and drop the file to that ‘Documents’ folder.
- Remove Kindle device from the PC in a safe manner.
- You will the Mobi file in the Documents or on the home screen of your Kindle device.
The same process can be used for Kindle Fire tablets. You can take the help of Kindle Fire Support help in order to know the exact steps to open Mobi files. The entire process is explained in an easy to understand manner, but if you get confused in any of the step, then do take the help of Kindle support provider.