Kindle Voyage has done extremely well in the e-reader market. The tablet has got it all that is required to make an e-reader the most prominent choice among avid readers. But, some bugs in the system of Kindle Voyage have annoyed users in the recent past, so we in this blog post will address that particular issue because it is of great importance.
People who are using Kindle Voyage want to know if there is any way to get the firmware updated on its own. Well, there is indeed a way to get the firmware updated and we will discuss this particular thing in this blog post.
We all know that operating system can be infected with bugs. Kindle Voyage is no exception, as there have been certain bugs found in Kindle Voyage firmware, which must be thrown out from the device in order to keep the device functioning in the proper manner. Instead of going to www Kindle com support, try to find out a solution yourself first.
In order to get rid of the firmware related bugs, you will have to update the current software version. The developers who were responsible for making software updates have come out with an update with which, the bug can be removed and the speed and performance of the device. Moreover, the device becomes more stable, which is good for long-term use, and you don’t have to waste your time calling at Amazon Kindle customer service as well.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss Kindle OS 188.8.131.52.5. This is the latest software update that can be installed in Kindle Voyage. With this update, you can have a better performance and stability in Kindle Voyage. Moreover, you will require less Kindle support if your Kindle is updated.
But, it is important for you to check the current software version because if you have recently purchased Kindle Voyage, then you may have already got the latest version, so you won’t need to update it anymore. But, if you have bought Kindle Voyage a few weeks or months ago, then you will have to update the software version.
To check the current OS version of Kindle Voyage, here is what you will have to do:
- Start off with checking whether Kindle Voyage is connected to Wifi network or not. If you see the Wi-Fi indicator on the screen, then it is connected, otherwise, you will have to connect the device to the Wi-Fi network. If Kindle is not getting connected to Wi-Fi network, then log onto Kindle com support.
- Now, you will have to tap ‘menu’ button followed by clicking ‘device information’ icon from the list where you see other icons as well.
- Here, you are going to see the software version of your Kindle Voyage. If it is not 184.108.40.206.5, then you will have to update it.
- If you don’t know how to download and install the software update, then just go to system settings via the menu button.
- Tap ‘update Kindle Voyage’.
- You will see a popup message displaying, ‘You have requested to update your Kindle, do you want to continue’. The same process can be done for Kindle Fire, and if there is any issue, then you will be surprised to know that there is a dedicated Kindle Fire Support help available now.
- Click on the box right next to this message and press OK.
- Kindle Voyage will now be updated. It will take some time to update the device so don’t turn off the device. If the update process doesn’t begin, then take Kindle help and support.
- Once it is updated, follow on-screen instructions for completing the process.
If the device doesn’t get updated after following above-mentioned steps, then you must take the help of Amazon Kindle Support because only they can help fix the problem.